October 2, 2015
The voting period of the APrIGF Elections 2015 has ended on 30 Sep 2015, UTC 24:00 for the below positions in the Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group (MSG):
- Chair Position (2015-2017)
- Vice Chair Position (2015-2017)
There were a total of 31 eligible voting members for both positions in total listed on the Elections Page.
Below are the election results:
Chair Position (2015-2017)
- Dr. Nikhil Agarwal, CEO, Innovation Society, Government of Andhra Pradesh, India (Government) — 2 votes
- Mr. Paul Wilson, Director General, APNIC, Australia (Technical) — 26 votes
- Abstain - 2 votes
Total number of votes received: 30 votes
Vice Chair Position (2015-2017)
- Mr Arun Sukumar, Head of Cyber Initiative, Observer Research Foundation, India (Civil Society) — 12 votes
- Mr. Anupam Agrawal, Chair, Internet Society Kolkata, India (Technical Community) — 10 votes
- Abstain — 7 votes
Total number of votes received: 29 votes
According to the Election Procedure, both elections receive over 25% number of votes out of the total eligible voting members and therefore attained quorum.
We hereby announce that Mr. Paul Wilson is elected as the Chair (2015-2017) and Mr. Arun Sukumar as the Vice-Chair (2015-2017) of the MSG effective immediately.
Congratulate to all the newly elected leaders and thanks again to all the candidates' participation!
If there is any enquiries, please contact the Election Committee at election[at]aprigf.asia.