Feb 9, 2017
The aim of an APrIGF Fellowship is to encourage active participation in the APrIGF Program among Asia-Pacific communities. While the fellowship aims to offer financial assistance to both new and experienced participants as well as those who have or have not submitted workshop proposals, the number of selected fellows from among the large number of applications we expect to receive, will be limited to the funding that is available for our Fellowship program. The final selection decision by the Fellowship Committee will therefore be based according to a points system each member allocates to the set of evaluation criteria listed below.
Fellowship Application Deadline: 8 Mar 2017, 24:00 UTC
Eligibility: Individuals from or reside in the Asia Pacific region
Nationality & City of Residence
- Are the applicant coming from developing or least developed countries?
- Existing number of participation from the country from the past meetings or other fellows
- Are they speakers or organisers of any submitted workshop proposals?
- Whether the applicant has engaged in any APrIGFs, global or local IGF initiatives before?
- Is the applicant a potential panelist for any selected workshop?
- Does applicant have a clear plan/vision for community engagement or other contribution to APrIGF, after the conference
Contribution to Diversity
- Whether it helps with the gender balance?
- Whether it helps to enhance the multistakeholderism concept?
Expectations/Engagement Requirement of Fellows
- Attend the capacity building sessions by Asia Pacific Internet Leadership Program (APILP) on Day 0, the 3-day main conference
- Attend the Fellowship Introduction session on day 0 and the debriefing session on Day 3
- Meet with the buddy group assigned
- Submit a short write-up (within 300 words) of your key takeaways from the conference
- Serve as rapporteur of thematic tracks to provide short summary updates on each sub-themes at the closing plenary (*group work)
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the secretariat at [email protected].